These peanut butter cup brownies are super fudgy and chocolatey! Packed with peanut butter swirls, these brownies are incredibly decadent and satisfying. Best of all? This is a super easy recipe that everyone will love.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
I’m a huge fan of peanut butter cups. They are one of my favorite childhood treats so when I was looking for a homemade brownie recipe, one that was super fudgy, satisfying and a total crowd favorite, I knew I had to make them with peanut butter.
The result? MIND-BLOWING good! They honestly taste like a peanut butter cup but in a brownie format. They are sweet without being overpowering, decadent, indulgent, super fudgy, and incredibly chocolatey.
This is also an incredibly easy recipe! Even if you are not a huge fan of getting into the kitchen and feel like you can't bake anything, let me just tell you that you are going to be able to master this (yes, it's that easy!). That makes it also a great recipe to make with little kids.
Tips to make the best peanut butter cup brownies:
I tested this recipe three different times to come up with one that tasted exactly like peanut butter cup candies! Here’s what I learned along the way:
- Use milk chocolate: Dark chocolate has a place in all our hearts but these brownies are even better when you use milk chocolate. Think around 55% cocoa tops. Also, use milk chocolate you totally love. The chocolate is the star of this recipe and really shines through.
- Use store-bought peanut butter: I tried using natural peanut butter but when baked it dries out resulting in a weird looking and weird feeling peanut butter swirl.
- Bake them until just set: These brownies are fudgy, that’s part of the magic so you don’t want to overbake them. Take them out of the oven when they are barely set.
- Wait for them to cool down completely before slicing: Remember how we are taking them out of the oven when they are barely set? Well, you need to give them time to harden up before slicing them.
Other Brownie Recipes You'll Love
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the melted chocolate with the melted butter until incorporated. Add the sugar and mix until fully incorporated and shiny.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract and whisk until you have a thick batter.
- Add the cocoa powder and flour and stir to incorporate.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and swirl the peanut butter on top.
- Take to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.