Make this quick, easy, and safe Edible Sugar Cookie Dough for your next party! It’s just like you’re making sugar cookies, but without the unsafe ingredients and easier! No frosting needed with this recipe, just lots of funfetti sprinkles!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
I am about to share with you a game-changing treat: Edible Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough. I am not kidding when I tell you that this cookie dough is absolutely the best I have ever had. It is so perfectly balanced and smashes that sweet tooth or craving. It uses the easiest ingredients and is just simply a wonderful dessert. I always have a nice big batch of it ready for any occasion. My kids certainly love it too. I actually have a hard time sharing it!
This recipe has quickly become one of the most iconic treats in my entire social circle. I have plenty of people I have given this recipe to and they have loved every second of it. I am excited to give this one to all of you! This recipe really stacks up to a lot of my favorite snacks, like my Candied Nuts and Mint Chocolate Donuts. In fact, I am eating my cookie dough while I type this. I seriously cannot tell you how much you need to try it. Get to it!
How Do You Make Edible Sugar Cookie Dough from Scratch?
Prep - Spread the flour evenly onto a plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Set aside.
Cream sugar - Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl.
Enjoy - Eat immediately or chill it in the fridge. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage - Store in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months in an airtight container. I do not suggest storing this edible cookie dough in the pantry.
- Reheating - There should be no reason to reheat your cookie dough. I don’t suggest forcibly reheating it. If it’s frozen, I would let it thaw on its own.
- Use any sprinkles - My store was out of the more popular funfetti sprinkles, but they still had some cute options. Don’t worry if the sprinkles aren’t exactly the same as the traditional funfetti. They will still taste great and look gorgeous! So, have fun with choosing the sprinkles.
- Make it themed - If you want to serve this as a treat for a party or get together, you can use the sprinkles as a way to make it themed. You could also add some food coloring to make the dough themed as well.
- Not great for cookies - Without the egg added in, along with another ingredient or two, this dough will not convert into cookies well. Especially after it’s been chilled, it will be difficult to incorporate other ingredients and have it turn out normal. In other words, don’t try to turn this dough into normal cookies because it won’t turn out well.
Common Questions About Edible Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough
Is it OK to eat Edible Cookie Dough?
Edible cookie dough is perfectly safe to enjoy. There are some health concerns with the uncooked flour and raw egg that’s included in normal cookie dough. However, with edible cookie dough, these issues are taken care of so it’s safe for consumption without worry. The flour is heated and the egg is removed entirely because it’s not needed for no-bake recipes.
What is the Difference Between Edible Cookie Dough and Regular Cookie Dough?
The difference between edible cookie dough and regular cookie dough is that the regular cookie dough is going to be baked and needs a few more ingredients to turn the dough into cookies. Edible cookie dough skips those ingredients and can be enjoyed in its sticky, doughy form without the possibility of those ingredients making you sick. It is perfectly safe and a wonderful snack.
Kick up your baking game a notch with this Edible Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough, then let me know in the comments below if it was a win for you!
More Cookie Recipes You’re Sure to Love:
- Pecan Snowball Cookies
- No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- Butterscotch Haystacks
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal
Edible Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough
- Spread the flour onto a plate, evenly, and cook on high, in the microwave, for 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the flour, except the sprinkles. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!