These coconut scones are buttery and flaky! It has the perfect amount of sweetness and creaminess thanks to the coconut. These scones are the perfect addition to your breakfast table and can also be an indulgent snack.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
When it comes to breakfasts I love scones. There’s something about a good scone that’s difficult to match. I mean they have everything! They are buttery, sweet, flaky, and go perfect with butter, jams, and jellies.
These coconut scones are all that and then some more! They are moist in the center and have crispy crumbly wedges that melt in your mouth. Honestly, they are one of the best scones recipes I’ve ever made.
How to make Coconut Scones from Scratch
If you’ve never made scones before you are probably wondering how you can recreate them at home. The good news is they are super easy to make! It’s also a recipe made only with pantry staples and things you probably already have on hand.
- First start by mixing all the dry ingredients until they are incorporated.
- Then add the cold butter and working quickly, incorporate it into the dry ingredients. It should resemble coarse sand. This is the most important step in the scone making process. You don’t want to overmix it so don’t worry if there are still a couple of medium butter pieces around.
- Finally, add the eggs and milk and with the help of a spatula mix until everything is barely incorporated and barely holding together. This is what creates the crumbly corners!
- And then you want to refrigerate them before baking them. Around 30 minutes in the refrigerator is enough! That helps achieve a super flaky scone that rises a lot.
How to Store Coconut Scones
Scones last in the refrigerator once baked for around 5 days. Once you are ready to serve them you can take your coconut scones to the toaster or the oven for a couple of minutes.
You can also freeze them before baking them for up to 3 months. Then it’s just a matter of taking directly from the freezer to the oven and baking them for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
More Dessert Recipes You'll Love
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the flour, coconut, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add the butter and working quickly, mix it into the flour until the mix resembles wet sand.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream and vanilla and with the help of a spatula mix until barely incorporated.
- Transfer to a floured surface and shape a big disk. Cut out the scones and transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Take to the refrigerator and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush with the heavy cream and take to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.